- The General Regulation on Data Protection (EU Regulation of 27 April 2016);
- The Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 amended by Act No. 493-2018 of 20 June 2018.
Definition of cookies
A cookie is a small text, image or software file placed in the browser of an electronic device (computer, smartphone, etc.) when a website is visited, by the server of the website visited or by a third-party server.
The cookie may then access information already stored in this electronic device or save information on it. Depending on how the cookie is used, it can, for example, be used to track a user’s browsing on a website (such as the pages visited or clicks) or to offer the user features on the website.
Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies (this list is not comprehensive):
- Cookies needed for browsing and the proper functioning of the website: these cookies make it possible to offer users features on a website and detect potential malfunctions;
- Cookies for measuring web traffic and statistics: these cookies indicate the traffic on a website, the pages visited, the number of visitors and their browsing path on the website;
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are based on services offered by third-party sites and allow, for example, the playback of multimedia content (videos, etc.) or the sharing of the website’s content on social media platforms;
- Cookies that enable or facilitate communication by electronic means.
Cookies used on our website
This section describes all the cookies used on our website, the purposes for which they are used and their duration.
Cookies needed for browsing and the proper functioning of the website
|pll_language cookie||Cookie that stores the user’s preferred language||24 hours|
Cookies for measuring web traffic and statistics
|loc (AddThis) cookie||Cookies to measure user frequency according to their location||13 months|
|_gid (Google Analytics) cookie||Cookie to identify visitors to the website for traffic analysis purposes (website content managers or normal website visitors||24 hours|
_ga (Google Analytics) cookie
|Cookie to identify visitors to the website for traffic analysis purposes (website content managers or normal website visitors)||
Third-party cookies related to content present on the website
|Cookie name||Purpose||Retention period|
|uvc (AddThis) cookie||Cookie to measure how often content is shared on social media by a single user||13 months|
|_atuvc (AddThis) cookie||Cookie for sharing content on social media||1 month|
|_atuvs (AddThis) cookie||Cookie for loading shared content on social media||1 month|
|ssc (AddThis) cookie||Cookie for loading shared content on social media||13 months|
Collection of personal data
A visitor ID is an anonymous ID generated from the deposit of cookie on your browser, which allows to analyse your different visits and your navigation on our website (number of web pages visited, number of clicks on the web pages).
These personal data are only exploited to analyse the use of the website and are immediately anonymized.
You can choose to accept or refuse the use of these various cookies as a whole or to allow only certain cookies depending on their purpose. You can configure your preferences in the ‘Manage my cookies’ section of the website.
The selection of your preferences is not permanent. You can withdraw your consent to the use of all or some of the cookies at any time by updating your choices in the ‘Manage my cookies’ section.
After the cookies expire and if you wish to return to our website, your consent to store and read cookies will again be required.
In addition to your options in the ‘Manage my cookies’ section, you can also manage cookies and other trackers linked to your browser by configuring your browser preferences. For more information on this topic, please visit the following websites:
- https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser ;
- youronlinechoices.com/fr/, published by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) with a section entitled ‘Your ad choices’.